Services Customized to Your Needs
Tap the Expertise of a
Veteran Executive Coach
· Enhance Leadership Skills
· Improve Management Effectiveness
· Upgrade Team Performance
· Build a Pace-Setting Organization
· Transform Your Operational Culture
Corporate Clients You May Recognize
Services Customized to Your Needs
A Coaching Record That Speaks for Itself
Dr. Mike Armour
· Served More than 60 Industries ·
· Coached over 700 Executives, Managers, and Entrepreneurs ·
· Trained Thousands of Leaders on Four Continents ·
· A Featured Podcaster on the C-Suite Network ·
Meet Your Goals with these LeaderPerfect® Resources
Tap or Click on a Service to Learn More
Build Leadership · Build Teams · Build Success
How Clients Describe Mike
… highly professional, a great leader.
… a fantastic and indepth resource for leadership coaching and mentoring.
… an uncanny ability to relate with people from all walks of life.
… gave me confidence in myself I didn't realize I had.
… one of the highest quality coaching experiences out there.
… direct and honest in his approach.
… passionate about his work and dedicated to helping others achieve their goals
Read these reviews and others in full
Virtual or In-Person Coaching and Training
"I help you fine tune the essential leadership, communication, and people skills to develop top-performing teams and to excel in any management role."
— Mike Armour
Check out Nine Reasons to Choose SLDI for Your Leadership Development Needs
Ranked Among the 16
Best Business Consultants in Dallas
Awarded five years in a row
Have Questions? Want More Info?
We are eager to assist. Feel free to schedule a no-fee, no-obligation 30-minute phone or video consultation.
Why Executives and Entrepreneurs Choose Mike As Their Coach?
Mike brings a unique blend of perspectives and career preparation to his role as an executive coach, including
- First-hand experience in demanding leadership roles — As a former Navy captain, CIO, CEO, university dean, and college president, Mike knows leadership from the inside out. Because he has been a lifelong leader himself, he fully understands the pressures and demands which leaders face.
- A lengthy, proven record as a coach and trainer — Mike was actually coaching executives years before the term "executive coach" appeared. And he was conducting leadership and management trainings even earlier in life. He has successfully developed leaders for decades. Few executive coaches match Mike's combined experience in both hands-on leadership and coaching.
- A gift for imparting clear, unforgettable insight — For Mike, coaching and training are extensions of what he sees as his life purpose, namely, to help people succeed by providing them clarity and insight. True to this purpose, he works tirelessly to make complex concepts easy to grasp. As part of this commitment, he utilizes unique, proprietary models which he has developed to give clients a robust understanding of how to lead, manage, communicate, delegate, and motivate.
Who Are Mike's Typical Clients?
Over the past 20 years, Dr. Mike's clients have ranged from mom-and-pop startups to Fortune 100 giants. The common denominator among his clients is that they want to excel both as managers and as leaders.
- About a third of his coaching relationships are initiated by individuals whose goal is to manage and lead more effectively personally.
- More commonly his coaching and management training services are secured by organiations looking to enhance the leadership performance of key managers or to build stronger leadership teams.
Dr. Mike specializes in executive coaching for leaders in strategic decision-making roles. Thus, the name of his firm: Strategic Leadership Development International.
But he routinely coaches leaders in lower and middle management. And he customizes his leadership and management training programs to meet the needs of managers at any level.
What Is Mike's Background?
Dr. Mike is the managing principal of Strategic Leadership Development International, which he founded in 2001. He is also a featured podcaster on the C-Suite Radio Network and an award-winning author in the field of leadership.
As a veteran leadership development specialist, Mike draws on a lifetime of experience in challenging leadership roles.
His far-ranging career has included service as a Navy captain, a university dean, a college president, the CIO and CTO of a large intelligence community, the CEO of an international non-profit, a Congressional candidate, and the senior minister for dynamic urban congregations.